Other Celtic Music Links
The following list contains other helpful Celtic Music Links we thought you might find interesting (since we did).
Other Celtic Musicians Websites
The following list contains links to some of our friends music web pages as well as the web pages of other prominent celtic/folk/traditional musicians.
- Peat and Barley: A duo consisting of our own Bill Mitchell and Becky Ross. Peat and Barley plays a mix of traditional celtic, french canadian and early american folk music.
- D. Glenn Authur's web pages: The many strange and wonderful things that Glenn is into.
- Bonnie Rideout's web pages: The Web pages of the inimitable scottish fiddler, Bonnie Rideout with whom we sometimes play at the Anne Arundel Scottish Games.
- Chris Norman's web Pages: Chris is an unbelievable flutist from Canadia and is currrently playing with the Chris Norman Ensemble.
- The Official Tannahill Weavers Website: The Tannahill Weavers are a great bunch of musicians who play a lively brand of traditional scottish music.
- The Chieftains: The Cheiftains are a traditional irish band who've played with just about every major music artist on the planet.
- Natalie McMaster: Natalie McMaster has been playing fiddle since she was about 2 or so.
- Alasdair Fraser: Alasdair Fraser is one of the best scottish fiddlers playing in the United States.
Friends of the Homespun Ceilidh Band
The following list contains some links to web pages of some of our friends
- MELOmag Magazine :: Creative Art Form From Around The Globe
- Nifty Stuff from Conrad Bladey and his associates, including Celtic crafts.
- Un Certain Cachet French-Canadian rock composer/singer/computer programmer Gilbert Gélinas. If you go to Montréal, catch one of his concerts at le Petit Bar & tell him (in French or English) that Felicia sent you. ;-)
- Shambhu and the Punya Crew -- DC cabdriver/musician with eclectic tastes including Celtic. Salsa & Hendrix, too! Rock with Shambhu and the Punya Crew (and bring earplugs :-)
- Clan MacVicar; this MacVicar is a 60's drummer who remembers the Beatles and still loves to drum.
- John Giunta, a musician and teacher who also practices and leads Phoenex Rising Yoga Therapy, using music to help on many levels.
- The Sherwood Blues Band. Bedrock blues -- and they like Celtic too. Look in the City Paper for Sherwood Blues Band gigs.
- King Platypus An acoustic folk duo. Jake Michael is Mike Stoddard's cousin.
- UnTied Music a Publisher of Christian Music in the Baltimore/Washington DC area and the publisher of our first CD, Spinning Reels
- The Washington Area Music Association An umbrella organization for musicians and music industry workers in the Washington DC area.
- The Official World Wide Web Hammered Dulcimer Pages
- Custy's Traditional Music Shop web site An Irish dealer of Musical Instruments
- Wooden Flute Maker Terry McGee A Maker of Irish, Classical and Early wooden flutes
- Charlie Ogle A maker of Viols and Viola de Gambas
- Peter Abnett a Maker of Bouzoukis, Lutes and Mandolins